Ride on toys are brilliant fun and there are some brilliant design led rides to have your little one zooming about on their wheels teaching them balance and co-ordination whilst they’re at it. From eco-friendly buys from Plan Toys including their innovative elephant to old faithful’s like Brio’s Ride On, Hippychick’s famous Wheelie Bug and Sibi’s sleek Max car, there’s plenty to choose from starting from Â£39.95.
1. Brio Ride On Making an appearance for the second year in a row, Brio’s modernisation of one of their classics is deliciously cool in zesty yellow. Suitable form 9 months and with a fabric covered seat, the rubber lined wheels ensure no scuffing. Â£59.99 Just Gorgeous
2. Sibi Max Ride On The bambino had a ride around on this handmade, minimalist delight. Crafted from ash wood and steamed into shape, it’s got big, quiet rubber wheels and you can even buy an additional trailer to hook onto the back of it. Â£95 Nubie Get 10% off with code BAMB02 till 31/12/09. See all current codes on our discount codes page.
3. Didicars We love this car which works off your childs energy plus physics, which was never my strongest subject but basically move the steering wheel from left to right and propels the car forward. The power comes from the steering wheel causing the two driving wheels to find power against each other. It’ll move backwards if steered 180 degrees. Available in a selection of colourways from Â£39.95 (normally Â£49.95) and suitable from 3 years to infinity. Check Didicar for stockists or buy direct.
4. Schilling Racing Cars A sleek car with classic sensibilities, this features a fully working chrome steering wheel, and has detailing like a radiator and fuel cap with 1900s style number 1 on the side. A robust buy, it’s made from scratch resistant steel with a plastic seat. It’s suitable from 1 year too! Also available in silver. Â£78 Little Baby Company
Also try the F1 Racer at Revilo Toys, Â£87.50.
5. Walking Elephant by Plan Toys This Thai toy maker is a BG favourite and this is one of their coolest toys yet. Hop on, rock him from side to side and he walks. Truly fantastic and completely eco friendly as it’s made from sustainable birchwood with non toxic finishes in an eco factory. Suitable from 3 years. Â£99.95 Lula Sapphire Get 10% off with the code BAMBINO09 until 24/12/09
6. Sports Car by Plan Toys Looking like the retro ride on cars of our youths, this is another eco friendly buy. It’s moved along with their feet and they can steer themselves around. Suitable from 2 years. Â£46.51 Amazon
Also check out – the aeroplane ride-on at John Lewis which is suitable from 18 months
7. Wheely Bugs A firm favourite in the BG household, these are seriously manoeuvrable and brilliant fun. The bug is a soft padded layer of sponger covered in a wipe clean, highly durable polyurethane skin. They’re exceptionally high quality and after a year ours still looks almost new. They come in small for 1-2 and large for 2-5 years, in cow, ladybird, and bee shown, as well as a tiger and mouse. From around Â£44 – Â£54 although keep an eye out for offers.Try Lula Sapphire, Funky Moose, and Babycurls.
Check out last years ride on Christmas guide.
Check out our other guides: Bambino Goodies Christmas Gift Guide for Play Houses. and Tiny World part one and part two, blocks for babies and toddlers, and tea sets.