In our family there is nothing more exciting than talk of the circus. We listen to circus scores, read circus stories and put on endless circus performances. I suppose it was to be expected when I named my son Monty! We’re not the only ones and circus revival is a hot trend at the moment. Here are ten ideas for a circus themed room.
1. The bold red and white stripes of the circus tent are an iconic symbol. This fabric from Deckchair Stripes is ideal for adding a circus vibe. Use it for curtains, cushions or chair coverings. Â£24/metre.
2. Ingela P Arrhenius has a range of circus animal prints that would work but my favourite is the circus print which puts me in mind of the posters that go up when the circus arrives. Â£18.50.
3. I’m a wallpaper fiend and this Run Away & Join The Circus wallpaper by Lydia Meiying is so much fun. I’m thinking it would look good as a feature wall or either side of a chimney breast. Â£100/10 metre roll.
4. I think just about every item in Sheffield based Camilla Westergaard’s Butterscotch & Beesting Etsy shop would be at home in this room. It is packed full of inspiration. I’m choosing this lightshade which has a Victoriana look about it. Â£80 for a large size.
5.You would be officially the coolest parent every if you put a trapeze up in your child’s bedroom. If you have the space why not get some strong fixings and make some dreams come true? This wooden trapeze with rings is just Â£13.99.
6 & 7. Joules have brought out a homeware range this season and I am loving their circus items. Their duvet set has a circus ring print in blue and reverse of red & white stripes and the knobbly strong man cushion is a great accent piece. Â£40 for the cushion and Â£45 for the duvet.
8.The circus train is a theme which you will see repeated in many ranges. This set of bookends from Sass & Belle is driven by a monkey. Â£10.75. If you want some circus reading for bedtime then you can’t go wrong with the latest issue of Anorak Magazine which is dedicated to the circus – torch under the duvet material!
9. Every room needs somewhere to stow the toys quickly and this fabric storage basket, Â£29, with a circus tent and bunting is ideal. You could fill it with costumes or juggling equipment (we found the juggling clubs below at Tiger who have lots of harlequin items in at the moment).
10. This rug from Designers Guild carries on the theme of the circus train and they have a whole range alongside it. Â£195.