We love the gentle tradition of counting the days until Christmas day and here are a few of our favourite cardboard and reusable advent calendars for this year.
1. Crochet socks advent calendar Â£38 from Zac & Ily – I love the idea of slipping a treat or promise into the socks each night to be discovered in the morning. The socks are numbered 1 – 12 on one side and 13 – 24 on the other.
2. Gingerbread man reusable advent calendar Â£16.99 from Orchard Cards – this calendar will really set the tone for Christmas every year, love the ric-rac trim.
3. Twelve Days of Christmas advent calender by Caroline Gardner Â£5.99 from Orchard Cards – an elegant traditional advent calendar with plenty of tiny details for children to pour over.
4. Advent calendar by Noix de Coc’ Â£34.99 from Bodie and Fou – this set of advent boxes caused a storm last year. They are currently on pre-order and due into the warehouse on Friday 12th November. They have two blank sides which your children can customise and room inside for a few surprises.
5. Advent Sack with tree decorations Â£35 from The Orchard – a decoration for every day of advent as well as room in the sack for Christmas Eve goodies.
6. Advent calendar kit Â£10 from Vivi – Each day has a different sticker for your children to create their own Winter scene.
7. Olive the Other Reindeer pop-up advent calendar Â£5.35 from Amazon – each day has a different push out character to add to the 3D scene.
9. SansSERIF advent calendar â‚¬24 from Renna – 24 paper bags printed with different fonts and stamped with the dates of advent. This calendar will look really chic strung up in December.
10. Felt Christmas tree advent calendar Â£12.50 from Paperchase – this has to be my favourite. It is not showing on their website yet so you’ll have to take a trip down to the shop to check it out (the hardship!). Thanks to Print & Pattern for the Paperchase store shot photo and tip off.